There are many reasons that xlive.dll errors can show up. Here are some of the more common ways that you might see xlive.dll errors. A faulty application, xlive.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software can cause xlive.dll is missing or not found issues. Here in this guide, we are sharing simple ways to fix Xlive.dll is missing and Download Xlive.dll file for windows.
Xlive.dll Error Messages
- Xlive.dll Not Found
- This application failed to start because xlive.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot find [PATH]\xlive.dll
- The file xlive.dll is missing
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: xlive.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again
What is Xlive.dll?
Xlive.dll is a part of Microsoft Games for Windows – LIVE program by Microsoft Corporation. If xlive.dll is missing, whenever you start the application you may experience various kinds of errors. The Xlive.dll file is a dynamic link library for Windows. You can fix The file Xlive.dll is missing errors by downloading and installing this file from our site.
- File version: 3.5.0092.0
- File size: 14.74 MB
- MD5 file sum: 6B78EBB4DDBA9000BDBD2973F0E6CD85
- SHA1 file sum: B481743270CA1A9B2A22E26F765BB7E4733974F5
Causes of Xlive.dll error
xlive.dll Error As there are lots of DLL errors, it stands to reason that there will be several causes for those DLL errors. One of the more widespread causes involves the overriding of a current DLL file being distributed to an older version of a program across other applications. Another possibility is the installation or un-installation of a program conducted in the wrong way.
- Dll corrupted
- Xlive.dll is missing from your computer
- Xlive.dll is either not designed to run on Windows
Fix Xlive.dll missing error
- Download Games for Windows Live. The xlive.dll file is included in this download from Microsoft and installing it will fix Xlive.dll is missing.
- Restore Xlive.dll from the Recycle Bin. If you have removed it from Recycle Bin, then use recovery tools.
- Reinstall the program that causing the Xlive.dll error.
- Test your memory and then test your hard drive. If the hardware fails any of your tests, replace the memory.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows.
- Update the drivers for your video card, or you can uninstall and install it again from the manufacturer website.
- Run a virus scan of your entire system. Some Xlive.dll errors could be related to a virus infection on your computer. You can use
- Windows Defender Program.
- Use System Restore to undo recent system changes.
- Install any available Windows updates.
- Clean your registry and optimize your computer.
- Download and install Xlive.dll. Put the file in the destination folder and reboot PC. This will solve xlive.dll not found error.