Errors related to vcruntime140.dll can occur due to many possible reasons. The main problem is corrupted tools or softwares. You have accidently installed faulty apps or game. The program can’t start because vcruntime140.dll is missing from your computer.
vcruntime140.dll Error Messages
This application has failed to start because vcruntime140.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
vcruntime140.dll Not Found.
What is vcruntime140.dll?
Vcruntime140.dll is called Microsoft C Runtime Library is a part of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 RC program by Microsoft and this is very important file for Game or apps to run properly. If vcruntime140.dll is missing, whenever you start the application you may experience various kinds of errors. Here we will tell you how to solve
- File version: 14.00.22816.0
- File size: 82.83 KB
- Internal Name: vcruntime140.dll
- Company: Joyent, Inc. and other Node contributors
- Product: Microsoft Visual Studio® 2015 Preview
- Version: 14.00.22310.1
- Copyright: Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit
Causes of Vcruntime140.dll error
vcruntime140 error can be caused by plenty of reasons. The following are the most common causes of vcruntime140 error.
- There is a malfunctioning or faulty hardware.
- vcruntime140 file is infected with malicious adware, Trojans, spyware and malware.
- The associated entries of vcruntime140.dll are corrupted in the registry.
- vcruntime140 files are deleted by another program by mistake.
Fix Vcruntime140.dll missing error
- To fix the issue with vcruntime140.dll is to update your Visual C++ Redistributable package for Visual Studio.
- Open your browser program and make a google search for a Visual C++ latest update.
- Download the latest update package. Wait for the download to be complete.
- Run the executable update file that you’ve just downloaded and follow the prompts to install the update.
- Try re-running the application that has been giving you the error.
- Reboot the computer and this will fix Vcruntime140 is missing or not found the error.
- Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again
- Copy the Vcruntime140 file from your game’s System directory to your game’s root directory.
- Test memory & hard drive.
- Run a virus scan of your entire system. Some Vcruntime140.dll errors could be related to a virus infection on your computer. You can use Windows Defender Program.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows.
- Download and install Vcruntime140. Put the file in the destination folder and reboot PC. This will solve Vcruntime140.dll not found an error.