Errors related to steam_api.dll can occur for a few different reasons. A faulty application or damaged files, steam_api.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software on your PC.The App or game can’t start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Here in this article, we are sharing how to fix steam_api.dll is missing or not found error.
Steam_API.dll Error Messages
- Steam_API.dll Not Found
- This application failed to start because steam.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Can’t find steam.dll relative to executable path [STEAM PATH]
- The file steam.dll is missing.
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: steam.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
- Cannot find [PATH]\steam.dll
- Failed to load steam.dll
- Unable to find Steam.dll entry point
What is Steam_API.dll?
Steam_api.dll is called Steam Client API is a part of Steam Client API program developed by Valve Corporation. Some applications or high end games need this file to work properly. If steam_api.dll is missing, you will face error when you open that Application or game.
- File version: 126.96.36.199
- File size: 113.34 KB
- MD5 file sum: C6577B2E9C7C3E98799081534DE8494F
- SHA1 file sum: 730A6770F80F6BC6BEEB4CD58F441D9F756C353D
Causes of Steam_API.dll error
This steam_api.dll file stores important data required Windows to run specific Application or game. Most of the time, you will get an error message when there is a computer error.
- The registry key of steam_api.dll is invalid or damaged.
- Computer malware has injected
- The steam_api.dll file was uninstalled due to damaged apps
- The required version of steam_api.dll file is overwritten
- There is a hardware failure, such as a bad hard disk.
Fix Steam_API.dll missing error
Important: Do not download steam.dll from a DLL download website. They will crash your system.
- Restore Steam_API.dll from the Recycle Bin. If you have removed it from Recycle Bin then use recovery tools.
- Reinstall the program that causing the Steam_API.dll error.
- Test your memory and then test your hard drive. If the hardware fails any of your tests, replace the memory.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows.
- Update the drivers for your video card or you can uninstall and install it again from the manufacturer website.
- Run a virus scan of your entire system. Some Steam_API.dll errors could be related to a virus infection on your computer. You can use
- Windows Defender Program.
- Use System Restore to undo recent system changes.
- Install any available Windows updates.
- Clean your registry and optimize your computer.
- Download and install Steam_API.dll.
- Reinstall Steam’s SDK tools.
- Use a free registry cleaner to repair steam.dll related issues in the registry. A free registry cleaner program may be able to help by removing invalid steam.dll registry entries that might be causing the DLL error.
- Troubleshoot for a hardware problem if any steam.dll errors persist. After a clean install of Windows, your DLL problem can only be hardware related.