Qtcore4.dll is missing or not found error is a not a general dll error. Normally qtcore4.dll is missing error is occurred due to a faulty softwares, deleted or misplaced files, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
qtcore4.dll Error Messages
The program can't start because qtcore4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. There was a problem starting qtcore4.dll. The specified module could not be found Error loading qtcore4.dll. The specified module could not be found. qtcore4.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.
What is qtcore4.dll?
QtCore4.dll is a part of C++ application development framework linked to a Qt4 program developed by Nokia Corporation. Some applications or games may need this file to work properly. Otherwise, you will receive above mentioned error messages.
- Filename: qtcore4
- Version: 126.96.36.199
- Filesize: 1.9 MB
- Description: C++ application development framework.
Causes of qtcore4.dll error
This QtCore4.dll file stores important information. Sometimes, you may have a problem running the program or using the computer properly.
- The registry key of QtCore4 is invalid or damaged.
- Computer malware has injected malicious code and modified QtCore4 file.
- The QtCore4.dll file was uninstalled by other software.
- The QtCore4.dll file was deleted by other software.
- There is a hardware failure, such as a bad hard disk.
Fix QtCore4.dll missing error
- Download the file qtcore4.dll to your desktop.
- Move the dll file to the program directory missing the file.
Move qtcore4.dll to the system directory.
– Windows 95,98, and Me – C:\Windows\System
– Windows 2000 & NT – C:\WINNT\System32
– Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 – C:\Windows\System32
General solutions to fix qtcore4.dll is missing error:
- Restore qtcore4.dll if deleted from the original file.
- Repair your installation of Windows.
- Use a free registry cleaner to repair qtcore4.dll related issues in the registry.
- Install any available Windows updates.
- Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again.
Run a virus scan of your entire system. Some qtcore4 errors could be related to a virus infection on your computer. You can use Windows Defender Program.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows.
- Reinstall the program that uses the qtcore4 file. If the qtcore4 DLL error occurs when you use a particular program, reinstalling the program should replace the file.
- Restore qtcore4.dll from the Recycle Bin. If you suspect that you’ve accidentally deleted qtcore4.dll, but you’ve already emptied the Recycle Bin, you may be able to recover qtcore4.dll with file recovery software.
- You can use Windows Backup and Restore option.