Errors related to openal32.dll can occur due to many issues but some common issues can be faulty softwares or openal32.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious apps or virus. There are many reasons behind openal32.dll errors can show up on your computer. Here we will tell you how to identify openal32.dll error and how to fix openal32.dll is missing issues.
Openal32.dll Error Messages
- Openal32.dll Not Found
- This application failed to start because openal32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot find [PATH]\openal32.dll
- Unable to start the program because it lacks openal32.dll on your computer.
- The file openal32.dll is missing.
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: openal32.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
What is Openal32.dll?
Openal32.dll is a Standard OpenAL Implementation is a part of Standard OpenAL Library program developed by NVIDIA. Openal32.dll is one of the important file required for any game you play on Windows machine. Some applications or games may need this file to work properly. If openal32.dll is missing, you will see above error messages.
To fix those errors, please read the Recommended Solution below.
- File version: 5.10.2920.0
- File size: 43 KB
- Developer – NVIDIA Corporation
- Product Standard – OpenAL(TM) Library
Causes of Openal32.dll error
One of the more common causes includes the overriding of an existing DLL file being shared with an older version of installed software. Another possibility would be the installation or un-installation of a program conducted in the wrong manner.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted the Openal32 Dll
- Error in loading dll
- Msvcr100.dll contains an error
Fix Openal32.dll missing error
To find this oalinst.exe file, first go to the folder where your Steam games are stored – it should be “…\Steam\SteamApps\common\…\. In that “common” folder, open the folder of the game where the openal32.dll error is listed.
Once there, go into the folder called “_CommonRedist.” In that folder, open the one called “OpenAL.” There should be a folder titled with numbers, like “184.108.40.206” – in that folder is where you’ll find the oalinst.exe file.
Double-click that EXE file to install the missing DLL.
- Restore openal32.dll from the Recycle Bin. If you have accidentally deleted openal32.dll but you’ve already emptied the Recycle Bin, you can use recovery tools.
- If you’re seeing the DLL error with a Steam game, open the oalinst.exe file to install the missing DLL file.
- Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again
- Copy the Openal32.dll file from your game’s System directory to your game’s root directory.
- Test your memory and then test your hard drive.
- Run a virus scan of your entire system. Some Openal32.dll errors could be related to a virus infection on your computer. You can use Windows Defender Program.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows.
- Download and install Openal32.dll. Put the file in the destination folder and reboot PC. This will solve Openal32.dll not found the error.
- Download the file OpenAL32.dll
- Move the dll file to the program directory missing the file.
Move OpenAL32.dll to the system directory.
- Windows 95,98, and Me – C:\Windows\System
- Windows 2000 & NT – C:\WINNT\System32
- Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 – C:\Windows\System32