There are many possible reasons why you will receive d3dx9_42.dll is missing or not found error. Normally d3dx9_42.dll related issues occur due to damaged or faulty Windows Applications or by malicious software on PC. Here we will tell you how to fix d3dx9_42.dll is missing or not found errors.
D3dx9_42.dll Error Messages
- D3dx9_42.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this
- D3dx9_42.DLL Not Found
- File d3dx9_42.dll not found
- The file d3dx9_42.dll is missing
What is D3dx9_42.dll?
D3dx9_42.dll is a part of Direct3D 9 Extensions and Microsoft DirectX for Windows program developed by Microsoft. This is an important file and required to run specific application and game that required DirectX.
- File version: 9.27.952.3001
- File size: 1.8 MB
- MD5 file sum: C6A44FC3CF2F5801561804272217B14D
- SHA1 file sum: A173E7007E0F522D47EB97068DF0CA43563B22BC
- Filename: d3dx9_42.dll
- Version: 9.27.952.30016
- Filesize: 1.8 MB
- Description: Direct3D 9 Extensions
Causes of D3dx9_42.dll error
d3dx9_42.dll error can be caused by many possible of reasons. The following are the most common causes of d3dx9_42.dll error.
- There is a faulty hardware in your computer.
- d3dx9_42.dll file is infected with malicious adware, Trojans
- Corrupted in the registry.
- d3dx9_42.dll files are deleted by mistake
Fix D3dx9_42.dll missing error
- First of all, reboot your system and remove all temporary files. The d3dx9_42.dll error might be a fluke and a restart could clear it.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX.
- Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again
- Restore the D3dx9_42.dll file from the latest DirectX software package.
- Update the drivers for your video card, or you can uninstall and install it again from the manufacturer website.
- Copy the D3dx9_42.dll file from your game’s System directory to your game’s root directory.
- Test your memory and then test your hard drive.
- Run a virus scan of your entire system. Some D3dx9_42.dll errors could be related to a virus infection on your computer. You can use Windows Defender Program.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows.
- Download and install D3dx9_42.dll. Put the file in the destination folder and reboot PC. This will solve D3dx9_42.dll not found an error.